07 January 2012

2011 ornaments

One Christmas tradition that our family enjoys is getting an ornament that represents each person for that year.  This year we got Callan a Mario figurine because of his Mario Wii obsession, Kinsley a cookie monster figurine because of her Sesame Street obsession, and Fintan a Finn McMissile car from the movie Cars 2 (which came out this year) because he's a 4-month old and doesn't have any obsessions yet.  Gene got me a little moccasin because he's become obsessed with Native American culture lately and refers to me as his Little Indian Princess (he likes to play this one "Little Indian Princess" song he found).  I got him a toucan because we started our Etsy business this year, Toucan Tango Designs.   

(Callan wanted his Mario hung right next to Cookie Monster.)




Our tree wasn't anything special this year.  We kind of threw it together quickly.  The lights were falling off the bottom, and I threw a few red balls on the tree one afternoon because I thought it needed some punches of color.  Kind of pathetic.  I already have plans for next year's tree, though.  Yes, that's right.  It's January and I am already mentally planning for December.  I can't wait. 



No comments: