04 May 2014

some callan and finn quotes

How My Boys Show Me Love:

(While playing Mario Kart Wii for a little mother/son bonding time...)
Callan: I'll just stop my guy and let you catch up, Mommy.
Me: Oh, you don't have to. It's ok.
Callan: No, I love you so I'll wait for you.

(While trying to drop him off for Children's Ministry at church....)
Me: Finn, don't cry.  You'll have fun with your friends like you do every week.  I'll be back soon to get you.
Finn: (while holding onto my neck for dear life) No!  Don't make me go! I love you, Mommy!  I want to stay with you.


And some other random Finn-isms that I just need to blog about so that I won't ever forget this stage.....I just love hearing kids talk at age 2, when they can't quite pronounce all their letters yet. 

Finn: (during naptime) Mommy, will you hold my hand while you sing to me?
Me: Sure buddy. Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam...
Finn: No, Mommy. Sing Tinkle Tinkle Little Star first then Home Home Range.
Me: (with Finn holding my hand and his eyes shut) Twinkle, twinkle, little star...
Finn: Mommy don't forget the part "up above the world so high".
Me: I won't buddy. 
Finn: I sing with you.  Tinkle, tinkle little star.......


We've had lots of battles lately with getting Finn to eat all his food on his plate.  Finn's latest excuse as to why he won't eat...."But it will make me 'frow up,' Mommy!"

Finn has been extra, extra, extra, extra cuddly and loving lately.  He comes up and kisses me all the time and says, "I love you, Mommy." 


No comments: