13 November 2014

"Chayton has tan hair and brown shoes."

For several months now, Callan has professed faith in Jesus and even said a prayer with me one day.  On April 20, 2014 he prayed, "Help the Spirit to come live in my heart."  His behavior definitely demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit most days.  He's passionate about his sister and brother also accepting Christ into their hearts some day.  He sometimes wrestles with sadness when one of his siblings doesn't profess as much of a love towards God as he does.  He begs to listen to "Jesus" music on the radio, and then often belts out various lines from songs throughout the day.  It's precious to watch.  

On the other hand, I overheard Kinsley tell her brothers on Halloween that she believed in heaven because she knows that in heaven Jesus will give her all the candy she wants and she'll never get a tummy ache.  That's Kinsley for you.  Food is always involved.

Well, Kinsley woke up today, came over to me, and whispered in my ear, "I love God now."  I looked at her in bewilderment, not sure what she was up to.  I said, "Oh, yeah?  What made you change your mind?"  She had a smirk on her face as she said, "I had a dream about heaven.  I want to be in heaven with Jesus and the angels, Chayton, Swimmy (her pet fish that died), and Uncle Aaron some day, so I decided I love God.  Will you pray for me, Mommy?"

So I led her through a prayer asking Jesus into her heart, and she's been beaming all day.  She supposedly told a friend (randomly) today while she was at her house that she loves God.  And when she came home from the friend's house, she begged Callan to "play Jesus" with her.  I asked her how you "play Jesus," and she said that someone pretends to have their hands tied up (she used a hair scrunchie) like Jesus being taken to the cross.  And then you pretend to die on the cross."

Before bedtime, I asked her more about this dream that she had last night.  She told me very specific details, which lead me to believe that maybe she really is telling me the truth.  I asked her if she met Chayton in her dream.  She said yes.  I asked her what he looked like, and she said that he had tan scruffy hair and brown shoes.  I said, "Blonde hair like Finn's?"  She said yes.  I asked if he was a baby or a boy and she said a boy.  I asked her if they played together and she said that he is an artist like her, so they painted together.  His favorite colors are blue and red.  She painted a picture of her on the left and him on the right, and Chayton apparently painted a picture of him on the left and her on the right.  

She met Jesus, too.  She showed me what he looked like using one of her picture bibles.  

I believe.

I believe God may have come down to earth to reveal Himself to a young, 4-year old girl in the form of a dream.  
I believe God uses little people to give peace to big people.  
I believe God used Kinsley tonight to bring peace to my heart after a hard day of missing Chayton last night.
I believe because it happened to me when I was four.  One of my best friend's died in a tragic accident at age 4 when his dad accidentally ran over him with his farm equipment.  God used me to help bring peace to his grieving parents.  My mom said that I gave her a message to give to my friend's parents.

I believe God used Kinsley to calm my grieving heart in the midst of a difficult day.  I love that little girl so much! 

No comments: