25 December 2014

Your Christmas with Jesus

I wish you were here, growing inside of me.
I wish your 1st ornament didn't hang from our tree.



I should be fat and round like St. Nick.
I should be feeling you punch and kick.

Your Christmas was not spent with us, right here.
Your Christmas was spent with Jesus this year.



Our Christmas was chaotic, crazy and imperfect today.
Our Christmas was full of sickness, laughter and play.  

We read the words in the Bible of His birth
We read and tried to imagine how heaven came to earth.

But you behold His glory in front of your face
Your day was spent admiring His great grace!



How could I wish that your life was here with me
When I know how perfect your future will now be.

A plastic nativity is what we gather around,
But you truly walk on holy ground.

I would never want to take you from Jesus, my son,
And there's still a race down here I must run.

So for now we're apart, 'cause that's part of His plan.
But today we'll both celebrate God who became man.


No comments: