23 October 2016

Huston Farmhouse: half bath

Another makeover at the farmhouse....

Here's what the downstairs half bath looked like when we first looked at the house before we bought it. The walls were a light (dirty) yellow. The bones were good, but it greatly needed some TLC. The faucet was beginning to corrode and the mirror was white with yellow stain marks on it. The towel rack and toilet paper roll holder were in odd places. The light and outlet covers were rusty, too. Here are some before and afters...


The only thing we spent money on was a new rug, towel rack, faucet, toilet paper roll holder and toilet handle and a quart of paint ("Muted Sage" by Behr). The oil rubbed bronze light fixture I wanted was $65, so instead I got a $6 can of oil rubbed bronze spray paint and sprayed the existing light fixture to match the other new fixtures.


I also repurposed the mirror. I decided to mod podge it using lettered scrap paper that I had. 
 


 
Some other before and afters...






I was really excited to finally use these three pictures that my cousin, Chris, took. After our Poppop passed away, Chris took some black and white photos of our grandparent's house. I have some very fond memories of growing up around this house.






Here are the three pics up close:



 I'm pleased with how everything came together in this little bathroom!


No comments: