04 September 2008

A splash of color

I wanted to make a curtain for Callan's room for a few months now to add some more color to the drab windows that we have. I didn't want to spend much for one, so I ended up deciding that I would make one out of some red material that my mom had given to me. I dug out my sewing machine and quickly and easily made a red curtain. I wasn't quite pleased with the plain look of it, so I bought some cheap green and white ribbon and sewed it along the top edge. I couldn't decide between yellow or green ribbon (since his room is decorated in The Hungry Caterpillar theme), but I am thrilled with my choice. It kind of looks like a green caterpillar inching its way along the top of the curtain! I love how it goes with the bright red bookcase beside it.

I was talking with some friends tonight, and we were saying how adding a strip of ribbon to a plain curtain can really make it look like a whole new curtain. What do you think? The bright curtain added just the splash of color that the room needed....for under $5!

3 comments:

Brian, Tawnee, Avery and Caitlin said...

Very cute! I think I'll be making curtains for Avery's room too after we paint.

Ali said...

cute! I didn't know you knew how to sew! Cause I sure as heck don't! haha. It looks good though!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to stay home and raise your son and make cute curtains too !! So proud of you and Tawnee for your choice to stay home, something you will never regret. Love Mom/Nana